April 19, 2009

Happy Turdieth

Bad news: I haven't cooked anything lately.
Good news: I have a new apartment and a much, much larger kitchen, and I will be cooking more soon. 

My mom and I spent the better part of last week moving all of my belongings from the 8th floor of my building to my new digs on the 4th floor.  I now have a bedroom and a newly redone kitchen replete with cabinet after cabinet, and the cooking will resume shortly.  Until then, you can swoon over the menu from Brasa, my new favorite Minneapolis restaurant.  


After the moving was done we headed to Iowa to celebrate my biggest brother's 30th birthday.  The bakery where my parents got a cake is all about making turd tortes for "turdieth" or "turdy-turd" birthdays, but apparently they are not all about spelling.  


The food highlight of our sojurn to Iowa was today's brunch at The Motley Cow.  The Cow did not disappoint with their grits/eggs/black beans/salsa verde/pico de gallo special.  I wish I could start every day with that combo.  


Here's a close-up in case you needed a little more.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home