March 28, 2009

Crab Artichoke Dip

After experiencing two restaurant versions of hot crab dip, I decided to make my own.  Back in December Matt and I had some tasty crab & spinach dip at Stella's Fish Cafe, and earlier this week we had crab & artichoke dip at A1A Ale Works in St. Augustine, Florida.  I basically did what I would for spinach & artichoke dip, but I used crab instead of spinach.  

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1-8oz. package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1-6oz. can crab
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tsp. celery seed

See that milk?  Didn't use it.  I thought I might need a little liquid, but once everything was mixed together the milk wasn't necessary.  


Thaw the artichoke hearts.  If you're using canned ones, drain them well and squeeze out extra moisture. 


Combine the artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and sour cream in a food processor.  Add in some salt and freshly ground pepper as well.  


Pulse until it looks something like this.  It doesn't take long.  


Drain the crab, and make sure there aren't any nasty bits in there.  


Stir the crab into the cream cheese mixture. 


At this point I decided to add a little celery seed.  Chives would also be nice, but I didn't have any on hand.   


Along with the celery seed, add about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.  


Scoop the mixture into a greased dish.


Top with remaining Parmesan and breadcrumbs.  


Bake at 325 until bubbly.  


Serve with crackers, crusty bread, or chips.  


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home