March 9, 2009

Turd Torte

My parents came to visit this weekend and picked up a belated birthday cake from a little bakery in Waterloo, Iowa.  There was a lot of suspense leading up to the unveiling of the cake, including making me avert my eyes while we rode the elevator up 8 floors to my apartment and making me go wait in the bathroom while they put on the finishing touches.  Oh, the irony.  Here was my surprise:


More like S__T we spelled your name wrong.

I quickly got over the sting of the misspelling, and dove right in.  If I boycotted eating every cake on which my name was misspelled, I probably would have deprived myself of about half the birthday cakes of my lifetime.  Cake deprivation is not something I choose to participate in on my birthday.  Or ever.  Especially when there are copious amounts of frosting involved.  


My dad had a double dose of cake - poop cake and carrot cake.  Typical. 


Same with my mom.  She ate it so fast that I couldn't even get a good picture.  


Thanks, Mom & Dad!  

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger KG said...

Awesome. This reminds me of the nobake shit cookies at BHS, and suddenly I'm very hungry.

March 10, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is there anyway to find the recipe for this turd torte? I need to make one for my husband's 50th!!! PLEASE post the recipe. Iris

October 13, 2009  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Iris,

Unfortunately I don't have a recipe for this. My parents picked it up from a bakery in Iowa. I think it would be fairly easy to replicate, though. It was a two layer chocolate cake - maybe 5 or 6 inches around - with chocolate frosting between the layers and TONS of chocolate frosting piped over the cake to create a huge pile. Hope this helps!

October 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home