April 14, 2009

Thai Chicken Pizza

I meant to post this delicious feast last week, but I got wrapped up in school and a brief excursion to South Dakota.  In case you have any doubts of how great the state is, I took this photo in the bathroom of my favorite SoDak bar.  


Summer School!  Hilarious!  So clever!  It's as if they knew I was going to be coming into the bar and were forecasting my summer plans.  The same bathroom also boasts a shower, a dresser, and plenty of doilies.  How refined!  

Here's what you'll need for the pizza:

Dough
Peanut sauce
Chicken
Curry paste
Coconut milk
Red pepper
Mozzarella 

I started out by cooking a package of chicken tenders.  I've never bought tenders before, but I was really happy I did.  It saved me the hassle of slicing a few chicken breasts.  Because slicing chicken is such a burden...


Once the chicken has cooked most of the way, you can break it up into smaller pieces.


Sorry for the blurry photo, but I was totally bombed.  Kidding.  I was just a little unsteady.  Add about a tablespoon of red curry paste and a can of coconut milk to the chicken.  Turn the heat to medium low, and let it simmer while you get everything else ready.  


Slice a pepper into rings or strips.  


After rolling out the dough and brushing it with a tiny bit of olive oil, I spread on a layer of peanut sauce.  


Unless you're really into peanut flavor, make it a really thin layer.  


Here's what the chicken looked like after about 20 minutes.  It had quite a kick.  It made Matt sweat.  It made me smile.  


Scoop out pieces of chicken from the sauce, and distribute them around the dough along with the peppers.  Next time I think I'll add some broccoli, too.  I originally bought bean sprouts, but then my pizza-making was delayed a week and they got all slimy.  Bummer.  


Cover it all with some grated mozzarella, and it's oven-ready.


I left mine in the oven a leeettle too long, but it was still really good.  The sauce from the chicken added a nice kick, and it made for a good dipping sauce as well.  


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger - Nicholas.Eoin - said...

Looks good!

April 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home