April 2, 2009

Green Bean Salad

This salad was more of an excuse to use up some veggies than it is a totally awesome salad that I want to eat every day for the rest of my life.  It's a nice healthy, crunchy side dish that you can modify using whatever you have on hand.

Ingredients:

Green beans
Cherry or grape tomatoes
Cucumber
Feta
Dill
Red onion

I had half of a container of tomatoes sitting around that were getting sick of sitting around and were starting to wrinkle in protest.  I chopped those up.  Take that, tomatoes!


There was about a cup of green beans left from a salad I made a few days back.


Fresh dill.  Hard to beat.  


Combine the veggies and some dill.  


Give it a stir.


Throw in some feta and mix it with vinaigrette just before serving.  I would only add feta & dressing to the portion you're going to eat so your leftovers don't get soggy.  I also added some red onion at the very end because someone is not a fan.  


On a side note, its a great day to be an Iowan

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

GOOOOOO IOWA! You should have put corn in your salad as a tribute. :)

April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home