April 6, 2009

Kingsford Cookies

I was really wanting to bake something all weekend, and last night I decided on cookies.  Over the weekend I've developed an obsession with Kingsford the Pig, so Matt suggested we call the cookies "Kingsford Cookies."  They really have no connection to pigs, but every time I eat one I'm reminded of the adorable little piglet.  Maybe next time I'll throw in some crumbled bacon.

Before I get to the recipe, I need to show off my stand mixer cover that my mom made me.  She's always had a cover for hers, and I finally picked out some retro fabric at the amazing Home Ec in Iowa City and my mom assembled it.  Thanks, Mom!  


For the cookies, I started with the chocolate chip cookie recipe from The Joy of Cooking, but I made a few substitutions.  Here's what I used:

1 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup M&Ms
2 tbsp peanut butter chips
1/2 cup caramel chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease 2 baking sheets.

Beat butter and sugars until combined.  Add egg, salt, and vanilla, and mix until combined.  Add flour and baking soda and mix well.  Mix in remaining ingredients by hand.  

A few notes:
- You could use regular brown sugar in place of the turbinado.  My brown sugar was as hard as a rock, so I went the turbinado route.
- Next time I would probably eliminate the pb chips.  I used them just to get rid of them, and I would rather have more chocolate in their place.


When I finished mixing the dough, it didn't look like much, but I got at least 30 cookies out of it.


Drop the dough by the teaspoonful onto the cookie sheets, and bake for 8-10 minutes.  The edges will be a little brown.  


Ahh, Kingsford.  

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger - Nicholas.Eoin - said...

Bring to school!

April 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home