January 8, 2009

Matt's Egg Sandwiches

While I had a great time in Iowa over the last couple weeks, there are many reasons why I'm happy to be back in Minnesota - high-speed internet, Sven Sundgaard, twice-daily Jeopardy airings (1:30 and 4:30 on channel 11), and the perfect climate for wearing boots every day.  Matt and his egg-cooking abilities, however, are what really brought me back.  

I'm decent with making eggs, but Matt is more than decent.  I'll give credit where credit is due, and he can make far better eggs than I.  And he beat me 2-1 at Trivial Pursuit last night.  I always seem to get a bunch of questions about hockey, and I don't know about you, but I was not aware that there were any hockey players other than Wayne Gretzky.  

Moving along to the cooking, here's a picture of my lunch.  It's a big stack of crusty bread, spinach, tomato, avocado, cheddar, and eggs.  The second piece of bread was a bit unnecessary.  It's much easier to eat it as a open-faced sandwich, and we ended up needing a knife and fork.  


The chef was really proud of his creation.


YUM.  


In case you didn't get a good enough view of the runny yolk, here it is again.  


After he made mine, Matt decided to get really fancy and throw some cheese on his while it was in the pan.  If I didn't care about my arteries, I would eat these every day.  I highly recommend them.  



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home