January 8, 2009

Bagel Chips

After I posted my bagel entry with the bagel chip recipe I realized that I had some pictures of the process that were still on my camera.  I thought I might as well put them up since I took them time to take them all.

Start by preheating the oven to 450, and then thinly slice the bagels. 


Lay them on a cookie sheet and brush them with olive oil.


Sprinkle on whatever herbs or spices you want.  Or leave them plain.  We made dill, salt & pepper, parmesan, and garlic.


Bake them for about 5 minutes until they start to brown around the edges.  Ours were a little overdone because my dad was standing in front of the oven and I thought I'd wait a minute instead of asking him to move.  They came out a little too done for my taste, by my mom likes things more done, so they were perfect for her.  


Another picture...


And the whole batch.  They were very easy to make and a great way to use up old bagels or to preserve them for longer. 


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home