December 25, 2008

Pizza Part III

For dinner on Christmas Eve we decided to make pizzas.  We had to go to church in the evening, and then we headed home to make our pizzas.  Due to a little incident the night before involving sparks and flames in the microwave, my dad had bought a new microwave on his way home earlier in the day.  Thinking that switching out the new microwave for the old one would be a fairly simple task, my dad and I decided we could do that quickly before dinner.  Three hours later a new microwave was installed, a beach towel that had been protecting the stove had a hole burnt through it, and my mom and I were as determined as ever to make pizzas.  So what if it was 9:30?  We had spend hours that day shoveling and lifting a microwave, so nothing was going to stop us from rewarding ourselves with pizza.  And a shot of Patron.


Here are the ingredients we used.  My mom had made the crust earlier in the day.  I'm not sure what recipe she used, but we'll probably make pizza again before I head back to school so I'll post the crust recipe then.  In case you can't see what's pictured, there are fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, artichoke hearts, capers, tomato sauce, and hummus.


When mom my makes pizzas she bakes the crust for about 5 minutes before anything goes on it.  Right when she takes the crust out of the oven she brushes it with olive oil and then sprinkles on basil or oregano.  


We made two pizzas this time - one more traditional one and one kind of Mediterranean one.  The traditional one had tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella.  


The other one had a hummus base, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, and fresh mozzarella.  


Here's the traditional one right out of the oven.  


And here's the hummus one.  


More pizza ideas to come soon...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home