December 13, 2008

Brain Food

In the middle of out first week of finals, Matt and I were really craving salmon.  We somehow managed to drag ourselves away from the Federal Rules of Evidence for long enough to enjoy some brain food.  Along with the salmon we had roasted butternut squash and rainbow chard in honor of Day Without a Gay.  I do what I can to show my support.


I started out by halving the squash, placing it face-down in a pan with a little water, and roasting it for about 45 minutes. 


For the chard I chopped up the stems, set them aside, and then chopped up the leaves and the bacon.  The chard would have been totally fine on its own, but at the time I just had to add some fat and cholesterol into our otherwise healthy meal.  Sue me.  So I crisped up the bacon in a pan, set it aside, and drained most of the grease from the pan.  In that same pan I sautéed the chard stems with a clove of garlic for about 8-10 minutes until the stems were starting to soften.  Then in went the greens with a few tablespoons of water, and a few minutes later it was ready to eat.  


For the salmon I very artfully sprinkled on some capers, topped those with lemon slices, and stuck it in the oven for 10-15 minutes.  


And voila, a delicious dinner.  Let the record reflect that it was enjoyed by all.  Ha!  Evidence jokes.  Hilarious, I know.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home