December 1, 2008

About Me

Welcome to More Cheese More Chocolate!  My name is Kirsten, and I'm the rambling voice behind all of the blog posts.  

I grew up in a small town (Burlington, Iowa), went to college in an even smaller town (Greencastle, Indiana), and then moved on to bigger towns (Barcelona, Chicago, Minneapolis).  During college I was lucky enough to spend a couple weeks in India, part of a summer in Ecuador, a semester in Toledo, Spain, and a summer in Pontlevoy, France.  Some of my most vivid memories from the places where I've lived and traveled are of the food, and those memories will occasionally pop up in different posts.  I've always enjoyed cooking, baking, eating, and pretty much anything else related to food, and I started this blog as a way to distract myself from law school and to motivate myself to be more experimental in the kitchen.

The name of the blog comes from an important lesson in life that I learned from my mom: anything can be improved with the addition of cheese sauce or chocolate sauce.  I wholeheartedly agree.  I also think a little bacon never hurt anything, but More Cheese More Chocolate More Bacon is a little wordy.  

Although the blog's title may lead you to believe otherwise, I am not a total glutton.  Well, kind of.  I make up for my steady consumption of cheese and chocolate with frequent runs around some of those 10,000 lakes you might have heard of, and I occasionally run longer distances so I can get medals (participant medals, not winner medals, mind you) and justify eating more cheese and chocolate.  

Please feel free to leave comments/questions/suggestions on any posts.  You can also send me an email at morecheesemorechocoate (at) gmail (dot) com.  I would love to hear your feedback!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home