December 5, 2008

Pricey Poms


Yesterday after a yummy lunch (and free coffee - thanks, nice employee) at
Yum I decided that some chili cooking cooking was in order.  I stopped by Whole Foods because its proximity to Yum, picked up some beans & poms, and got ripped off.  Just last week my mom was talking about the necessity of paying attention when you check out to make sure things ring up at the right price.  Apparently discrepancies in prices listed by the actual food and prices in the computer are not exclusive to Hy-Vee stores.  When I was checking out I was busy talking to the bagger about the tastiness of pomegranates, so I was unaware until I got home and glanced at my receipt that instead of paying $3/2 I was somehow paying $11/4 for these suckers!
They do look delicious, but delicious does not make up for totally ripping me off.  The pomegranate incident combined with the fact that in the middle of apple season Whole Foods found it to be a good idea to create massive displays of apples from Peru (!!) while the awesome, local Honeycrisps were reduced for a far inferior display.  Hopefully Minnesotans are savvy shoppers and opted for the Minnesota born & bred choice, but surely no thanks to WF.  The one thing WF probably has on Hy-Vee is the unlikeliness that an employee would say, "I didn't know they made them this way" in regards to carrots with the greens still attached.  Im secretly happy that my mom is generally forced to to shop at Hy-Vee because I am endlessly entertained by the stories.  Sorry, Ma.  And thanks, too.  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!! I will be a devoted reader/fan.

December 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home