July 25, 2009

Raspberry + Nutella Pizza

First off, I have to apologize for the abysmal quality of the photos (and I don't mean abysmal in the way that Joey used it in that episode of Friends).  This was the fourth pizza of the night, and the daylight was pretty much gone at that point.  On the bright side, this pizza was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!  I'm fairly certain you can spread Nutella and raspberries on anything and enjoy it.  Try to prove me wrong on that one.  

Raspberry + Nutella Pizza

Pizza dough
Nutella
Raspberries

I'm not even going to make up measurements because it all depends on how big  your pizza will be, how much Nutella you have, and what kind of fruit you're using.  I was scraping the bottom of the Nutella jar, which is probably a good thing in hindsight.  Knowing me, I would have slathered on a quarter-inch of Nutella if I could have gotten my hands on it, and then I would have to guiltily run an extra mile or two the following day.  I used raspberries because I had just picked some up at the farmers' market, but strawberries or blackberries would also work.  Apples might work well if you're making this in the fall, but I'm only basing that on my history of dipping apple slices into jars of Nutella. 


Start by rolling out the dough like you normally would.  This might be a good time to roll it out on a floured surface instead of a cornmeal-covered surface, but that just dawned on me now.  You'll probably be too distracted by the delicious chocolaty-hazelnutty flavor to even notice whether there's cornmeal stuck to the bottom of the crust.  

Here's a fun fact: hazelnut in German is haselnuss.  My friend Kathryn and I learned that on a boozy flight to Ibiza in college.  In case you were wondering what the German word for cornflakes is, it's knusperflakes.  It's amazing what you can learn from a chocolate bar wrapper. 


Bake at 450 on a sheet pan or pizza stone until it looks a little something like this.  


Then try to refrain from eating the whole thing.  


And finally, Happy Wedding Day, Kelsey! 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home