July 31, 2009

Majorly Delicious Potato Pizza

This pizza takes the prize of THE BEST PIZZA I'VE EVER MADE.  Especially the blue cheese half of it.  It's a little on the decadent side, but it is so very worth it.  I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without carbs, and after eating this pizza I refuse to let my mind wander in that direction.  My personal hell would probably involve all of the carbohydrates in my diet being replaced with cooked mushrooms and wilted lettuce.  Miley Cyrus would probably be singing in the background.  

I had some cooked red potatoes in the fridge, a leftover strip of bacon, and plenty of cheese, and the result of throwing them all together on a piece of dough was incredible.  Blue cheese takes on a slightly different flavor when it melts, and it is to die for.  The bacon gave it a little something more, but I think it would still be a solid pizza without it.  

Blue Cheese + Potato Pizza

Pizza dough
3-5 cooked red potatoes, sliced to about 1/8"
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 strip bacon, crumbled (optional)
Olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
A few basil leaves

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over low heat in a saucepan.  Add a clove of garlic and a little basil, and let it sit over the heat while you're getting the rest of the toppings ready.  


After rolling out the dough, brush it with the garlic oil.  Top with a generous layer of potatoes and a sprinkle of blue cheese and bacon.  For some reason I decided to do half blue cheese and half mozzarella, and it didn't take long to realize that I should have just stuck with the blue cheese.  The mozzarella half wasn't bad at all - it just wasn't as awesome as the blue cheese side.  


Bake at 450 until it looks a little something likes this.  Enjoy!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home