January 24, 2009

Adventures in Cooking

While I may not be as witty as Kirsten and don't necessarily share the passion she has for cooking, she has invited to share with you my recent cooking adventure. 

As readers of this blog should know, Kirsten and I have been a little "pizza happy" lately. So, at her suggestion (she actually picked it up), I bought my parents a pizza stone for Christmas. As part of the present, I figured I would make them pizza one night while I was home. 

Because my parents are big fans of Papa Murphy's "Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza," my idea for the first pizza was an attempt at emulating it to some degree. 

Here are some of the ingredients:


The secret ingredient....sauteed onions:


This is what happens when you pre-bake a Papa Murphy's crust...to avoid this result, pop holes in the crust:


Pre-oven..I think I may have gone a little overboard on the toppings:


The finished product:


The guinea pigs: 


What I have to eat now after all the holiday consumption:



Icing on the cake:

This is my first blog post using pictures and let me to tell you, if you want to test your patience, try it...

Maybe my next post will be about my specialty: mac & cheese, tuna, and peas mixed together. It's great...really...

In the meantime, I urge you to try one of my favorite snacks:  baby dill pickles and peanut butter....

Happy eating!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home