August 11, 2009

Pistachio + Dill Salmon

One of the best things about going home (besides being in the middle of nowhere, efficient air conditioning and free laundry) is my mom's huge stash of cooking magazines.  No, she does not hide them under her bed as one might imagine with a stash of magazines.  They get piled up at the far end of the kitchen table making it convenient for me to grab a bunch to flip through as I watch countless episodes of Bridezillas.  While perusing the August issue of Bon Appetit I came across a recipe for Salmon with Dill-Pistachio Pistou.  I'm not exactly sure what pistou is, but I know I love it.  I tend to gravitate toward some combination of dill, lemon, capers, and grainy mustard when cooking salmon, and although this recipe contains dill, it is far different from my ordinary preparations.  It's nice and fresh, and it only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.  

Pistachio + Dill Salmon

Salmon for 4
1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and toasted
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup olive oil


Finely chop the pistachios.


Combine the pistachios, green onions, dill, and olive oil in a bowl. 


Mix will.


Serve atop grilled or baked salmon.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home